Summer Season Worker
We have filled our summer season positions for 2017.
Before you read this description or apply for work, be sure you have read our introduction for perspective employees. It describes what it's like to work here and explains what we're looking for in a worker.
- Harvest, wash, and pack produce (50%)
- Weed and hoe (25%)
- Sow seeds and transplant vegetables (15%)
- Install and disassemble irrigation systems, lay mulch, train and trellis plants, perform other tasks as needed (10%)
- The work is diverse and changes from day to day and season to season.
Dates and Times of Work
- June through August. Exact start and end dates are negotiable. Summer season workers are typically students who work for the length of their summer vacation.
- Full-time employees generally work 39.5 hours per week: Monday to Friday, 8:00-Noon (8:30-Noon on Wednesday) and 1:00-5:00. We prefer if summer season workers also work occasional Saturday mornings.
- We also consider part-time employees. Part-time schedules are negotiable.
- Overtime may be available, but is always optional.
- Occasional days off are generally okay with prior approval.
- We work on holidays (July 4th, Memorial Day, Labor Day).
- Starting wage is $8.00-$10.00 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications.
- We often provide bonuses and raises for good performance.
This job is open until filled. We have filled our positions for 2017. If you are interested in working here in 2018, please do fill out our online application.
1. Complete our online job application.
2. We will acknowledge your application when we receive it, and we may schedule a time for a brief phone interview (15-20 minutes).
3. We may then schedule an in-person interview and trial work session (~4 hours total) on our farm. The trial work session is an opportunity for us to evaluate each other while doing real work. It's the most important way we judge applicants.
4. Based on your trial work day, interviews, and references, we will offer or deny you employment.